m23 is a free software distribution system (license: GPL), that installs (via network, starting with partitioning and formatting) and administrates (updates, adds / removes software, adds / removes scripts) clients with Debian, (X/K)Ubuntu, LinuxMint, openSUSE, Fedora and CentOS. It is used for deployment of Linux clients in schools, institutions and enterprises.
The m23 server is controlled
- Install a Linux client on an empty system via network!
- Install any amount of workstations, servers and clients!
- Choose your client’s distro: Debian, (X/K)Ubuntu, LinuxMint, Fedora or OpenSuse!
- Choose your favourite desktop: KDE, Gnome, Xfce, LXDE, TDE, X11 or text mode!
- Manage your Linux clients!
- Install and remove software on your clients!
- Keep track of your clients by grouping them!
- Update single clients, client groups or all clients at once!
- Install many clients at once using mass installation!
- Install virtual clients with the integrated virtualisation (VirtualBox)!
- Recover broken clients with a single click!
- Have full control about partitioning and formatting, even use RAID!
- Be independent of the internet using your local package source!
- Use your existing NFS server or use the NFS server shipped with m23! (optional)
- Use your existing LDAP or use the LDAP server shipped with m23! (optional)
- Be safe using the integrated backup for your server and clients!
- Integrate existing deb.-based systems!
- Enjoy the benefits of encrypted server-client communication!
- Improve m23 using the software development kit (MDK)!
via a web interface. A new m23 client can be installed easily in only three steps.
Group functions and mass installation tools make managing a vast number of clients comfortable. The integration of existing clients (with .deb-based distributions) into the system is possible, too. Client backup and server backup are included to avoid data loss. With the integrated virtualisation software, m23 can create and manage virtual m23 clients, that run on real m23 clients or the m23 server. Scripts and software packages (for installation on clients) can be created directly from the m23 web interface.
m23 Web Site